Monday, May 17, 2010

Mexican Cornbread

I made up this recipe back in college. Sandra Friedman (who was in our dinner co-op) helped me name it. I know, it's not earth shattering, but it's a good name and it's a good recipe. -- Stacy

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground turkey
Taco seasoning packet
Seasonings
Onion
Olives
Grated cheddar cheese
Cornbread batter
Milk or Cream

Instructions:

Brown and season ground turkey with seasonings (salt, pepper, etc.) and onion. Drain. Mix in taco seasoning packet. Grease a baking pan. Place meat in bottom of pan. Sprinkle with olives and cheddar cheese. Prepare cornbread batter and "thin" it with milk or cream. Pour over meat and cheese. Bake at 400° for about 10 minutes or until golden brown (once cornbread bakes). Serve with tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, etc.

Notes:

I have to admit that it doesn't sound quite so appetizing as when I was in college, but it does still sound pretty good!

No comments: