Saturday, February 27, 2010

Toll House Pie

The handwritten index card that I have with this recipe on it was given me by my best friend growing up. I don't remember Cathy ever making this, but I always think of her when we make it since she's the one who gave me the recipe. This pie is unbelievably delicious. It's like eating a huge warm cookie in a pie. Mmmmm! --Stacy

Ingredients:

2 eggs
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup sugar
½ cup firmly-packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
1 6-oz package (about 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 9-inch unbaked pie shell

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 325 ˚F. In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Beat in flour, sugar, and brown sugar until well blended. Blend in melted butter. Stir in morsels and walnuts. Pour into pie shell. Bake for 1 hour. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.

Notes:

Go for a jog before eating this to justify the fat you’ll consume. Also, it’s called Toll House, but we usually use Hershey’s Special Dark baking chips, although the Ghirardelli brand baking chips are the best.

No comments: